I’ve mentioned before that I was working on a double-bed sized quilt using this tutorial. It took me a while (since February in fact) but I finally finished it just in time for Christmas.
I’m really pleased with how it turned out. It’s not perfect but good enough and I learnt so much while making it. It wasn’t too difficult to piece together – but the sheer amount of fabric made it a challenge to work with. I’m really glad I discovered 505 spray as it makes basting the quilt layers together so much easier.
I used 2 jelly rolls from the Moda ‘Together’ range for the postage stamps, matching fabric from the same range for the borders and binding, Hobbs polydown batting and a wide ‘teastain’ fabric for the backing.
I gave this quilt to my in laws as a Christmas present. I hope they liked it as much as I enjoyed making it.